Thursday, November 06, 2008

Mac, Crack, War

At some point last week, the good folks over at World of Warcraft updated their game in an effort to enhance gaming experience for people in possession of Ridiculously Expensive Video Cards, and as a result, I spent the past few days listening to Marc rage, in essence, about WoW's classism and inherent buffoonery for excluding those of us him who have 2.5-year-old laptops with factory video cards.

After the four or five hundredth time my dear husband came through the room grumbling about substandard FPS, I pointed out that we have in our possession a too-oft-ignored Mac Mini in my office that I bought when I first started my business, only months before a friend sold me his PowerBook G4, and I am far more often found working on the laptop than on the desktop.

As a result, the old ball and chain is happy, happy, happy, clacking away in there, slaughtering nine-headed MouseDragons or whatever the hell that game does. And, to make it all even more satisfying, he keeps mentioning how much less of a pain in the ass it is to use the Mac than the PC.

Another convert. You're welcome, Steve Jobs.
 
posted by Kate at 8:26 PM link/comments

Comments: Post a Comment